PREPARING FOR COMMUNITY GROUP
Week of Sunday, September 25
Each week, we share how the Lord used His Word from Sunday’s sermon in our lives.
Bible Book Study
At each meeting, we read and discuss one of the Psalms. The psalm for this meeting is Psalm 41. You’ll profit more from the discussion if you read and meditate on the psalm ahead of time, but it is not required. As you prepare, try to ask questions like these to help you.
- Where is God in this psalm? What is He doing? How is He portrayed?
- What is the psalmist excited or concerned about, and why?
Time in Prayer
At each meeting, we want to share updates about the circumstances through which the Lord is growing our faith. Together, we want to pray for enduring faith and for joy through Christ in all things. This week, in particular, we also want to be praying for the following items.
- Pray for our missionaries, asking the Lord to give them favor with their landlord in their upcoming lease negotiations, so that he does not raise their rent to an unreasonable amount. And praise the Lord for how He blessed with with 2-year visas! Also, continue to pray that their daughter would sleep better and for patience and strength for them as they parent.
- Pray for opportunities for ministry among the Hispanic community in Richfield, as we continue to get to know the group of families looking to partner with us, as they start a Spanish-speaking Bible study in Jeremiah. Their presence and friendship has already been a huge encouragement.
- Pray for our “Trunk or Treat” outreach on Saturday, October 15, that this time in our community would serve to communicate our love for the people of Richfield.
Scripture Memory: Psalm 67
- At this meeting, we will recite verses 1 to 7 of Psalm 67.
- (1) May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, Selah (2) that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations. (3) Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! (4) Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth. Selah (5) Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! (6) The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, shall bless us. (7) God shall bless us; let all the ends of the earth fear him!
Kids Catechism & Scripture Memory
- Romans 10:9–10, (9) because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (10) For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.