PREPARING FOR COMMUNITY GROUP
Week of Sunday, January 29
Each week, we share how the Lord used His Word from Sunday’s sermon in our lives.
This week, we will share reflections from Sunday’s sermon and then discuss the topic of “work” (e.g., laziness, diligence, etc.) from the Book of Proverbs, sharing questions and observations from our personal study.
Time in Prayer
At each meeting, we want to share updates about the circumstances through which the Lord is growing our faith. Together, we want to pray for enduring faith and for joy through Christ in all things. This week, in particular, we also want to be praying for the following items.
- Pray for our missionaries, asking the Lord to help them as they begin to plan their visit to the United States from July to September.
- Pray for opportunities for ministry among the Hispanic community in Richfield, as we continue to get to know the Spanish-speaking families who worship with us regularly. Pray also for our new Spanish/bilingual community group that God would bear much fruit through this.
- Pray for our Josh and Sabrina Pannell (missionaries to Ethiopia), who were with us over the last weekend and will be heading back soon to Ethiopia; pray also for our church as we consider partnering with them to support their gospel work.
Scripture Memory: Jeremiah 17:5–8
- At this meeting, each person is encouraged to come ready to recite verses 5–8.
- (5) Thus says the LORD: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the LORD. (6) He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. (7) “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. (8) He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
Kids Catechism & Scripture Memory
- Romans 10:11–13, (11) For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” (12) For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. (13) For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”