BUILDING FOR DISCIPLESHIP
What is “Building for Discipleship”?
“Building for Discipleship” is our giving campaign to raise money for the renovation of our church building. In June of 2020, RBC purchased the church building and property at 6215 Oliver Ave S in Richfield, MN. Built in the 1950s, this building requires significant renovations, so that it can be used for many more years as a base for discipleship, as we follow Christ together and make followers of Christ.
How is the “Building for Discipleship” fundraising campaign going?
The Lord has richly provided for us through the generous giving of our own members, as well as the generous support of Eden Baptist Church and others as well. Initially, the renovation costs were projected to be about $600,000. The following notes and graph show our updated plan to finance this project.
- $100,000 represents the renovation items already completed, as well as some cost reductions. Thank you to all who have come out to the property and helped us demo, paint, landscape, clean, etc.
- $412,000 is RBC’s construction loan amount.
- $88,000 is the amount that RBC will pay out of pocket, in order to reduce our construction loan to a manageable amount (i.e., $412,000). Having already received this amount in gifts and pledges, every additional gift will allow us to reduce the construction loan even further. Praise the Lord!
So, what’s next?
In October 2020, the members of RBC voted to move forward now with the proposed renovations. Our builder, subcontractors, and lender are finalizing details, but we’re told that the renovations will begin in November 2020, putting us in the completed building in May 2021. To God be the glory; great things He has done!
What renovations are needed?
The renovations consist of four major components: (1) all new HVAC (currently original heat and no A/C), (2) all new bathrooms, (3) all new roof, and (4) reorienting the auditorium to increase the maximum seating from about 100 to about 180.
What work has been completed?
Just after we closed on the property in June 2020, a ministry team from Eden Baptist Church spent several days at the building. As a result, much work is already done. All the landscaping has been overhauled, the pews, stage, balcony, and office area have been demolished, the windows have been painted, and the mold on the basement cinder blocks has been treated and cleaned. In addition, a licensed contractor has removed all of the asbestos from the building.
How can I help?
- Please pray for us, (1) that God would produce much spiritual fruit among our members during this time and (2) for God’s blessing, as we seek to raise the funds required to move forward with the building renovations.
- If you have skills (e.g., plumbing, electrical, roofing, drywall, etc.) that could be a help to us in this project, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would to like support the project with a financial gift, you can give via your preferred method below. At this point, every financial gift will mean a reduced loan amount.
Give In Person
Place your gift in the offering basket. There will be a basket marked for this campaign, or you can designate your gift with an envelope or note.
Give By Mail
Mail your check, made out to Richfield Bible Church, to our offices at the address below.
*Be sure to include a note on your check, designating it for the renovations project.
Richfield Bible Church
1313 Highway 13 East
Burnsville, MN 55337
Use your credit card, debit card, or bank account to give online. No account is required.
*Be sure to select the “Building for Discipleship” campaign.